Can't believe I'm looking at colleges...
     At least for my daughter.  She will be a senior next year!  It kind of just hit me while I was looking up different ways of creating her high school transcript.  I have to list out all of her efforts from the past 3, soon 4, years.  But the grades are more than that...they are a reflection of the 12 years of school we gone through together and the almost 18 years of life we've lived together.  Together...never living apart for more than maybe a couple of weeks at the most.  I'm happy for her, excited for her, but I'm definitely missing the times when we'd take stroller walks, play in the McDonald's play area, swing at the park or in the backyard while singing all her favorite tunes like "The Wheels on the Bus", "Skinny-marinky-dinky-dink...", "Oh Be Careful Little Eyes What You See", "Jesus Love Me",  "You Are My Sunshine", and so many more! :)  Now we sing along with Toby Mac, Mandisa, Britt Nicole, and whoever she finds interesting on Pandora or from friends.  Less walks--more talks, from me pushing the stroller to her driving me around, taking her to Starbucks instead of McDonald's, or watching her dance on the putting green out back instead of swinging on the swing...crying almost the whole way through this because I miss who she was and I'm proud of who she is!
Styling in 2006
  

Comments

  1. Oh my little Tay-Tay, I too miss the walks to the Hornets NBest in Rossville. We loved our walks and the melted ice- cream. Where has all the time gone? Seventeen years all jammed into about 5 years. Life just keeps on moving forward . I too am now at an age I never thought I'd see this soon. Well all is moving forward very nicely so I am grateful for all the blessings.. Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts