We went to an African Safari yesterday!  Jerry couldn't go with us (as will be the case most of the time) but we enjoyed our time together.  This is a safari-type zoo just 50 min. west of us.  No animals damaged our van.  The rangers were pretty good to get the animals off of vehicles if they were too inquisitive. :)  I had an ostrich walk up to my window...couldn't get in but I was pretty wierded out by it.  :)  Too close when you can see your own reflection in the ostrich's eye!  The tour was about 45-60 min. and then we saw some animals shows and walked around.  Hot outside but nothing we couldn't handle.

Here is my ostrich!  Got MUCH closer 20 sec. later!




We have found some parks close by so we may visit those soon.  So much to do it is hard to choose (although my wallet drives those decisions :)).  I'm looking forward to going into downtown Toronto soon.  There is so much to see that seven weeks seems too little.  So thankful for this opportunity!

The boys made friends with some boys from Egypt.  They call them the "Egyptian boys".  Nice, huh!  They taught their friends how to play basketball on the court here at the hotel.

Taylor has a blog at:     PrincessRodalia.blogspot.com      She is writing her journal there and has GREAT pictures to see!!!

I'm getting used to metric (not so bad for someone who doesn't use it regularly).  I was excited to see gasoline was $1.22 until it dawned on me it was per LITER! :)  I was a little concerned about getting around town on my own but I know God is guiding me (and the lady in my GPS).

Comments

  1. I loved Taylor's description of your reaction to the ostrich. Priceless!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts